August Brown Bag Lunch & Learn
The Basics of Social Enterprise
Today’s social service marketplace is increasing complex. The regulatory environment is constantly changing, and government support continues to shrink. There are limits on how high fees can be raised. The philanthropic market is increasingly competitive. At the same time, you must serve more families in need!
In the right situation social enterprise can add value to your organization and your community while positively impacting your bottom line.
Social enterprises are businesses whose primary purpose is the common good. They use methods and disciplines of business and the power of the marketplace to advance their social, environmental, and human service agendas and positively impact their financial bottom line.
Learn how your nonprofit organization can evaluate if social enterprise is the right option for you and hear from the experiences of your peers.
Participants will learn:
- How do you develop a social enterprise program?
- How do you implement a social enterprise?
- How do you evaluate its effectiveness?
- How do you help it to grow?
- How do you create a dialog for your organization to consider if the time is right to create a Social Enterprise?
- Who should attend: Any organization considering entering into the social enterprise arena.
When & Where
Wednesday, August 10
Meet & Greet: 11:00am – 11:30am
Presentation: 11:30pm – 12:30pm
Location: Child Crisis Arizona
817 N Country Club Dr, Mesa, AZ 85201
Cost: AFP Members - Free
Nonmembers - $15
Don't Forget to Bring Your Lunch!