Major donors -- that's where the big gifts are. But how to approach them? How to show up without seeming that you are all after their money? How do you make conversation, explore their interest and see where they stand. Join Gail Perry to discover how to handle this all-important moment in fundraising. You've gotten in the door, now what? Will you blow it, or will it be the first step in a long and happy relationship? Join us to learn how to make the most of your big opportunity!
At the conclusion of this session, participants will learn:
- How to set objectives for your visit.
- Reconnaissance: what measurements will tell you the level of your prospect's interest?
- Where to focus the initial small talk.
- What will turn your donor off quickly.
- What are the 3 most important things to look for?
- What are the 3 most important things to avoid?
- What type of presentation?
- When should you leave?
- How to leave the meeting with useful follow-up steps.
- How to move your prospect to help you with your cause.