Formerly known as Planned Giving Round Table of Arizona
Tuesday, March 12, 2024
4:00pm - 5:00pm
The "Legacy" IRA
Russ Willis lll, J.D., LL.M.
Planned Gift Design Services
Enacted as part of the Secure 2.0 legislation included in the December 2021 appropriations bill, the "legacy" IRA now allows a donor aged 70-1/2 or older to elect to treat up to 50k of "qualified charitable distributions" from her IRA to fund a gift annuity or a charitable remainder trust benefiting herself and/or her spouse. The election can be made only in one tax year.
This discussion will answer quite a number of frequently asked (and some less frequently asked) questions about how the "legacy" IRA works.
· Office Hours is a virtual meeting which will feature one or two presenters and be hosted by a AZCGP board member or committee member.
· Participants will be limited to 8 in order to encourage discussion and Q&A.
· AZCGP members will participate without a fee and will have first opportunity to register.
· If space is available after member registration period, one week prior to the event, non-members may register for a $10 fee.
· Sessions will be one hour long and presentation materials (if any) by the presenter will not take more than 30 minutes of the session.
Arizona Charitbale Gift Planners